Friday, February 5, 2010

Aspekt Interview



How long have you been writing?
Ive been writing on walls and in school books and shit since grade 6 but I did my first throwup in 99. Came up with Aspekt in 2000 and hit my first freight in 2001. Didn't really come out of toydom til like 2005 thou.

Favorite Colour, Colours?
I love all colours, but if I had to pick one, I would pick two.. hahaha. Purple and Orange.

What do you like or dislike about Canada's Freight Scene?

Canadian freight scene is great. Like Canada doesn't have nuff walls and shit but lots of freights. So freights make it possible to get up for people where its hard to. There are a lot of people writing these days so its getting a little saturated and I see the same letters in different peoples shit but s'all good.....
Some healthy competition and seperation between whats really original and whats not.
Its good to be able to collaborate and not just write solo all the time, haha. A lot of yards and layups are getting heated out now thou, from too many people painting and people being idiots... Most yards in cities are run by crews so know your place, don't leave shit behind, don't be a loud ass clown and if your going to paint multiple panels at once don't do them right next to each other.Don't paint over dope writers, this is happening and I hate it. I won't even paint if there are no open panels (toy shit is an open panel).

Who's styles are you feeling?
I feel lots of shit too much to name but the shit that I see most is: Ebs, Cw, Voltron, AA, Kwota, Dp, Cme, Etc, Hsa, Bsm, Wcb, Nwk, More im forgetting..
Classic funk, Wildstyle or original Simples and dope Characters. Like Ich, Oringe and Kerse are up as fuck.
Man wildstyles thou... Some people don't like wildstyles on freights but I love the shit. As long as its got good letter structure. Bayse is throwing up mad wildstyles on freights, big inspiration there. I obviously love Msk and Awr.. Revok especially

Shout outs

Big shouts to all my Voltron and Ebs peoples. Gotta shout Audeo, Sumo, Law, Evoke, Ansr, 2nes, Twice and Bounce.

Fuck beef One love
Aspekt

3 comments:

  1. Voltron is a little lizard. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. voltron sounds like a sci fi lizard. remembering the voltron hit on the canmore water tower

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhah hahah so good much respect....\/LT'S

    ReplyDelete